Do you know about the increasing importance of Android smartphones around the globe? Definitely, you do. Among them, the Samsung Galaxy cellphone stands proud as a main and renowned tool with a considerable user base.
But here is a question: How important is it to ensure your information is securely stored on your Samsung phone?
One of the easier ways to ensure that your data remains secure is to transfer it to your own PC. But connecting your Samsung smartphone to your PC to transfer your data can be tricky if you don’t know the right method. But you don’t have to worry because we’ve got you covered.
Fear no longer! In this article, we’re going to discover diverse solutions that will help you triumph over these trouble effects.
Related Read “How To Access My Samsung Cloud – Step-by-Step Guide“
You May Also Like
- How To Prevent Butt Dialing On Android
- How To Find Your Lost Apple AirPods In Minutes
- How To Fix A “Wrong SIM Card” Error On Your Android Phone
- How To Change Mov To Mp4 On Android
- How To Improve Battery Life Of Samsung Galaxy Phones
What Is Link To Windows?
The gap between smartphones and PCs has grown ever tinier thanks to the efforts of some of the biggest smartphone manufacturers around the world. Getting a desktop-like experience by plugging your Samsung phone into a spare monitor isn’t an impossibility anymore.
But the efforts continue even after the introduction of the desktop-like mode. If you possess a compatible phone, you can use Link to Windows by connecting your phone to your computer. You will need a capable Samsung phone and Windows 10 or the updated version of Windows on your PC.
Which Phones And Computers Are Eligible?
Without a doubt, you will need a phone and computer that are eligible with Link to Windows. Link to Windows basic requirement is a PC capable of running Windows 10 and its May 10, 2019 update. It also requires a preferable Android phone.
The basic compatible phones include phones released by Samsung in the previous few years comprising Galaxy flagship devices such as Galaxy S9 and Microsoft Surface Duo and Duo 2.
Similar Read “How to Setup Parental Controls on Samsung Tablet“
How To Set Up Link To Windows?
You aren’t obliged to download any new app on your phone to use this feature, but you are required to download an app on your PC. Follow the instructions below to link your phone and computer.
- Launch the Windows Store, and you can search for it in your taskbar. Search ‘Your Phone’ in Windows Store.
- Install the app and then launch it.
- Select ‘Android’ from the “‘iPhone and ‘Android‘” options.
- Then, you will need to link your mobile device to your PC.
- Head over to the browser on your phone and type the URL displayed on your PC’s screen. Be sure to download a phone companion app if you are a non-Samsung user. Samsung doesn’t need any additional apps.
- Click ‘Generate QR code’ on your computer’s screen and scan the QR code through the popped-up screen on your phone.
- For camera access, allow ‘Phone Companion Permission‘ when it pops up.
- When you are done setting up app permissions to let your PC and phone connect, tap ‘Continue’ and then allow access to your phone information, such as Contacts, phone files, and SMS, to turn on all of the features.
- Then, head back to your PC screen and select ‘Get started’ to start the main ‘Your Phone’ window.
- Next, tap ‘Allow’ to access notifications. This will allow future notifications to pop up on both your PC and smartphone.
How Can I Connect My Surface Duo Phone To A PC?
The gap between smartphones and computers has been narrowed by the efforts of many major smartphone manufacturers.
It is easy enough to use an iPad or smartphone on any device to start up a new screen. However, it isn’t easy to find an app that could completely replicate your phone on your PC by connecting the two devices together. Those with compatible smartphones can connect the smartphone and the PC using a Link to Windows and the Surface Duo application.
To connect your Surface Duo to a PC, you will need to use the Link to Windows that is built into Surface Duo and the ‘Your Phone’ app on the PC. To link Surface Duo and PC, Windows 10 May 2019 update is required on the PC. Follow these steps in order to link your Surface Duo to your PC.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen on your Surface Duo to see quick settings. Then, swipe down once more to expand them.
- Tap on ‘Link to Windows’. In case you fail to find the Link to Windows icon, it may be hidden in the past. Tap Edit, locate Link to Windows in Hold, Drag to add files, and pull it to the visible section. Then, tap ‘Back’ to evacuate from the edit mode.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account you are currently using on both of your devices.
- Go to the ‘Set up Your Phone app on your PC’ and tap ‘My PC is ready’.
- Launch the ‘Your Phone’ app on your Windows 10/11, and choose ‘Send Notification’ to get the final permission.
- Tap ‘Allow’ when you get a notification on your Surface Duo to finish the process.
Must Read “How To Make Your Galaxy S22 Display Super Bright“
How To Connect A Samsung Phone To PC?
The biggest problem Samsung users mostly encounter is enabling the connection between their Samsung Android phones and PC. Simply put, computers cannot recognize Samsung devices. We’ll discover various solutions below.
How To Connect Samsung Galaxy Phone To PC With USB Cable
It is the best method to connect the Samsung Galaxy S22/S8 to the computer. The following steps are easily operated:
- Connect the USB cable end to your computer and the micro-USB port to your phone.
- Make sure your USB driver is correctly installed. If it isn’t, your PC will automatically install the proper USB driver when you connect your phone to the PC.
- Once you connect your phone to the PC through the USB cable, a USB connection notification will pop up on your phone screen. Tap the notification and select ‘Transfer files’ from the displayed options.
- Now, a message will pop up on the upper right corner of your computer asking what you’d like to do with the new USB device. Tap the message and click ‘Open device to view files from the options displayed.
- After that, open Windows Explorer on your PC and select ‘This PC’. You will be able to see your device there. Select the device to organize files.
How To Connect Samsung Phone To PC With USB Storage
- Before connecting, reboot Samsung devices.
- Go to your phone’s menu and select ‘Settings,’ then select ‘Wireless and Network.’
- After that, tap ‘USB settings’ and select ‘Connect storage to PC.’
- Plugin the cable to the phone and computer once you are done, and then you will spot an Android logo stating ‘USB connected’.
- Then, your computer will detect your phone.
How To Connect A Samsung Phone To A PC Using Kies?
Kies is a free software application used to communicate with Windows or Macintosh operating systems. Wireless connectivity can be done using a few devices. Kies is compatible with the Apple iCloud app. To connect a Samsung phone to a computer using Kies, follow the below instructions.
- Download and install ‘Kies’ on your laptop or computer.
- Then, select ‘Menu’ and tap ‘Settings.’ Follow it up with ‘Wireless and Network’ and then tap ‘USB Settings’.
- Then, tap ‘Samsung Kies’ to enable it.
- Establish the connection between your PC and Samsung device with the help of a USB cable.
- Kies will detect your device automatically, and your connection will establish.
Similar Read “How To Turn On WiFi Calling On Android“
How To Connect Samsung Galaxy Device To PC Using ICS Version
- Reboot the Samsung phone first.
- Head over to your Samsung device’s Menu and select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Device,’ and tap ‘Storage’ after that.
- Tap the three single-squared icons at the top of the screen. Tap on the popped-up message stating ‘USB computer connection.’
Once you are done with these steps, you will be taken to two options; Connected as Media Device (MTP) and Connect as Camera (PTP). To connect it to your computer, choose Connect as a media device (MTP).
How To Connect Samsung Device To PC Through Wi-Fi
Excluding the methods used above, you can also connect your Android phone and PC through Wi-Fi with the help of the ‘Android Transfer’ app. When you constantly fail to connect your Samsung Galaxy to a PC with a USB cable, getting rid of it is the necessary way.
- First, Download and install ‘Android Transfer’ on your PC.
- Launch the application on your PC.
- Click the ‘Connect Now’ option on the upper right corner of your screen. Make sure both of your devices are connected to the same network.
- You will see two options on the pop-up window: Connect via USB and Connect via WiFi on your right side. Select ‘Connect via Wi-Fi’ and scan the QR code with your phone. If you don’t have an app with a QR function on your Samsung Galaxy phone, then download it from the Google Play store.
- If you have never used the ‘Android Transfer files program, an app called MobileGo would be downloaded when you first scan the QR code on your screen. After it is downloaded, install and launch it, and use the built-in QR code scanner on the QR code displayed on your PC.
It is the most useful and recommended method for connecting your Samsung phone to your PC.
How To Connect Samsung Phone To Windows 10 Via Microsoft Account?
Connecting your Samsung phone to Windows 10 through Microsoft account is also possible. Therefore, you will be able to transfer files from your Samsung Galaxy to your PC seamlessly. It allows you to start a task on your smartphone and then complete it on your Windows once both of your devices are linked to each other.
Signing In To Your Account
To sign in to your Microsoft account, make sure to follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Windows 10.
- Once you enter the ‘Windows Settings’ screen, you will see the ‘Phone’ option. Click it.
- Then you will be sent to the ‘Your Phone’ screen.
- Then, you will be asked to log into your account. If you don’t have one, you will have to create it.
Adding A Phone
- First, select the option to quickly add your phone.
- After that, you will need to fill in your phone number in the blank.
- Then, tap ‘Send,’ and you will receive a link through a text on your phone.
Installing Microsoft Edge On Your Phone
- For a successful connection to be established between your phone and Windows 10, the installation of an app called Microsoft Edge is necessary.
- To install it, follow the link you have been sent through the text message earlier.
- Click the link to initiate the installation process on your phone.
Logging Into The Edge Using Microsoft Account?
- Once you have installed Microsoft Edge, launch it.
- Then, you will see the ‘Sign in’ option on your screen.
- Sign into it, and then log into your Microsoft Edge.
Samsung Connects To Windows 10
- Restart your PC.
- Then, head over to ‘Start’ and go to ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Phone,’ and you can find your device displayed there.
- A connection will establish between your phone and PC.
In the end, making sure a stable connection between your Samsung telephone and PC is crucial in safeguarding your records. With numerous strategies like the usage of USB cables, Samsung Kies, Wi-Fi, or your Microsoft account, it is possible to connect your Samsung smartphone to your PC. Whether you’re an owner of a Galaxy or Surface Duo device, a Windows 10 PC, or a novice in the realm of using Android devices and smartphones, these steps help keep your statistics’ integrity and provide an unbroken virtual enjoyment, bridging the space among your phone and pc effortlessly.
Most Frequently Asked Questions;
How do I get Android Notifications on Windows 10?
Click ‘Open settings’ on your phone. A list of apps will be displayed. Scroll down until you see ‘Your Phone Companion’ and then simply tap the Slider to turn on notifications.
How to change mobile notification settings on your PC?
Go to ‘Notifications’ and click ‘Customize’ at the upper right part of your screen. There, you can change the notification banners and notifications from individual apps.