There is no doubt we are more digitally connected than ever. On daily bases, we use different screen sizes to see our desired output on these devices, including mobile phones and TV screens. But have you ever considered blending these two experiences together?
There are some great methods to blend these two experiences together. Sounds great, right? But how to make it possible? What actions are required to forge this link? Fear not; we’re here to assist!
Are you ready to explore this synergy between your Sony TV and Android phone? Let’s get started!
- How To Unlock Samsung Phone Without Password
- How To Backup My Verizon Android Phone
- How To Get Rid Of Vpn Notifications On Samsung Galaxy
- How To Browse Anonymously On Android
- How to Setup Parental Controls on Samsung Tablet
Compatibility Checklist: Must-Haves For A Smooth Collaboration
Following is a list of compatibility requirements for both Sony TV and Android in order to connect:
- Make sure that your Android device runs on Android 4.2 or above. However, some special functions might need a more updated Android version.
- Your Sony TV should be capable of displaying content from other devices or have Chromecast built-in for seamless compatibility.
- Connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi is one of the necessities.
- Check does your Android device has an HDMI output if you want to connect using an HDMI cable. Also, have an appropriate HDMI cable and adapter ready.
- Be sure to install the necessary applications on your phone for sharing or casting the screen. This might include Google Home for Chromecast or unique apps like “Screen Mirroring for Sony Bravia TV.“
- Your Sony TV and Android device should have Bluetooth capabilities.
- If you plan to use the Bravia Sync feature from Sony, your Android device needs to possess HDMI-CEC functionality.
- Update both your devices to the latest version for better security and good compatibility.
How To Mirror Android Screen To Sony Smart TV: Step-By-Step Guide
There are two easy methods of Mirroring your Android Screen to Sony TV. One is using built-in features of devices and another is using third-party apps like (Google Home Chromecast).
Method 1: Using The Screen Mirroring Feature
- Connect your Sony TV and Android device to the same Wi-Fi.
- Using your Sony TV remote control, select input and select Screen mirroring.
- Now on your Android phone or tablet, swipe down the menu and select “Screen Mirroring,” “Smart View,” or “Cast” (it varies by device).
- Look for your Sony TV in the list of devices that appear, and tap on it to connect.
Your devices are now ready to blend with each other.
Method 2: Using Google Home (Chromecast)
- Connect your Sony TV and Android device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app on your Android.
- Inside Google Home, tap on the “+” symbol, and select “Set up device” and “Set up new devices“. Take guidance from on-screen instructions.
- Once you’ve set up your Sony TV, open the app you’d like to mirror from your Android.
- Find and tap the “Cast” or “Screen Mirroring” icon in the app, then select your Sony TV from the list.
And there you go! Your Android screen should now show on your Sony TV.
Note that these directions may slightly change based on your specific TV model and Android version.
How To Cast Windows PC Or Laptop Screen To Sony Smart TV
Alright, you’re all set to beam your computer or Laptop screen onto your Sony Smart TV! Here’s the game plan:
- First, connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now on your computer, peek into the Action Centre. You can use the shortcut key “Windows key + A“.
- In the action center, click “connect.” You will now be able to see a list of available devices to be connected to your pc.
- Select your Sony TV. It might ask for a pin if it’s protected by it.
- Both your devices are connected. You can now see your Windows PC screen on your Sony TV.
How To Cast Mac Screen To Sony Smart TV
Following are the easy and simple steps to mirror your Mac screen with Sony TV:
- First, check if your Sony TV and Mac are both connected to the same Wi-Fi. In your Sony TV settings, look for AirPlay or Screen Mirroring and make sure it’s turned on.
- Next, go to your Mac and click the Apple icon in the top-left corner. Select “System Preferences” then “Displays“. Look for the “AirPlay Display” option here. If it’s not visible, your Mac might not support AirPlay.
- If it’s there, click on it and select your Sony Smart TV from the dropdown list. Keep in mind that both your TV and Mac need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to work.
- The moment you select your Sony TV, your Mac screen will start appearing on the TV! Now, you can use your TV as an extended Mac display.
- Lastly, if you want to tweak any display settings, like resolution or arrangement, you can do that in the Display settings on your Mac.
Congratulations! That’s it. Your Mac is now connected to Sony Smart TV.
How To Screen Mirror iPhone/iPad To Sony TV
The built-in feature “Airplay” in iPhone and iPad supports screen mirroring, but not all devices are compatible with Airplay. Luckily Sony Bravia TV is a compatible device with Airplay. If you want to mirror your iPhone or iPad with Sony Bravia TV, just follow these simple steps:
- First, on the TV remote control, select Input and select Screen Mirroring.
- Your TV will be now on Standby mode, thus enabled to connect with your iPhone or iPad.
- Pull down the menu screen on your Apple device and select the Airplay icon on the menu.
- Now, you will be able to see a list of available devices. Select your Sony TV from there.
- Both of your devices will be connected to each other. Now you can mirror Your apple device screen with a Sony TV.
How To Cast To Sony TV Through A Browser
Regardless of your computer operating system “chrome” is the best browser, and it is obvious by its market share. Following are the simple steps to cast Sony TV through the browser:
- Firstly, select input on your TV remote control and select screen mirroring.
- Now open your browser and select the “More” button in the top right corner.
- Select the cast option available there. A list of compatible devices will appear.
- Select your Sony TV, and done! your browser and Sony TV are now connected.
Please note that you must have Chromecast available on your Sony TV if you want this to work.
How To Connect Device To Sony TV With HDMI Cable
Although it is an old approach but it was widely used before. People still use HDMI cables to mirror devices. If you have an HDMI cable, a Sony TV, and a device that supports HDMI cable use the following steps to mirror that device on a Sony TV:
- Plug one port of HDMI cable into your device and plug another port into Your Sony TV.
- On the back of your TV, HDMI ports will be available in numbers. Make sure to remember in which port you plugged the HDMI cable.
- Turn on your TV and select input in the remote control.
- Select HDMI # from the input. You are now connected.
Top 5 Screen-Sharing Android Apps
Following are 5 of the best screen-sharing apps available for Android:
1-Airdroid – Cast Screen Mirroring
AirDroid is a fabulous app that enables your phone android TV and PC to connect with more compatibility. You can transfer files between your phone and PC with it very smoothly. You can also control your phone with it, like answering your phone notifications from your PC. It also does provide one the best screen mirroring experiences between your TV and phone or PC and phone. If both devices have this app, you do not need to connect both devices to the same network.
The pricing is $3.99 per month and $29.99 per year. Considering the services this app is providing, these are reasonable prices.
Google Home is an app that works with Google Nest products, Chromecast, and other Google devices. It allows you to cast your device’s screen directly to your TV using a Chromecast. The screen mirroring feature works really well, although it’s worth noting that for most tasks like streaming video, it’s better to use dedicated apps instead.
Nonetheless, if you want to see your phone screen on a TV, this is a great option. Just remember that you need to buy a Chromecast for it to work. The app itself is free, and we didn’t encounter any major issues or bugs during our testing.
3-Phone Link By Microsoft
Phone Link app, developed by Microsoft, is an excellent app for connecting your phone to Windows. While it still has some bugs, it offers more functionality than many other Android apps for this purpose. Once connected, you can view photos, respond to text messages, make phone calls (on PCs with Bluetooth), and even cast your screen. You can either mirror your screen as usual or launch an Android app that also activates the screen mirroring mode.
The Phone Link app can be a bit buggy, even on phones where it comes pre-installed, such as Samsung devices. However, when it works properly, it’s an outstanding solution for screen mirroring. It is a free app which is one of the things that make it more wonderful.
TeamViewer is a widely used screen mirroring app primarily used for diagnostic purposes. It allows you to view desktops or other mobile devices if needed. The app supports HD video and sound transmission, offers 256-bit AES encryption for secure connections, and allows file transfers between connected devices.
Another advantage is that it natively supports Mac, Windows, and Linux. This makes it a versatile option. The app is free for individual use, but businesses have various payment options available.
5-Screen Mirroring – Miracast
Screen Mirroring – Miracast is a handy app that lets you project your phone’s content onto a big TV screen. It’s easy to use and connects quickly and can make you able to share almost everything from ebooks to games. It’s perfect for turning your TV into a giant phone screen for gaming, watching videos, or showcasing presentations. It is compatible with almost every smart TV. Although it is a free app, it does have some in-app purchases of $3.99 per item.
Top 5 Screen-Sharing iPhone Apps
Following are the 5 best screen mirroring apps for iPhone:
1-VNC Viewer – Remote Desktop
VNC Viewer is a free app where you can easily connect your iPhone to other devices to mirror the screen. The app offers cloud-based services to connect smoothly with other devices. They also support Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
2-AnyDesk Remote Desktop
Anydesk is one the best app available on iPhone to mirror screens on other devices. With its unique and customizable features, the app provides a safe and reliable experience. They assign a unique code to every device for later use. It is a free app.
3-Screen Mirroring – TV Cast
TV cast app is one the best app which enables you to mirror your iPhone screen to a TV. It is very simple to use and install. It is free of cost, so you don’t need to buy a subscription to use it.
4-Replica: Screen Mirror Cast TV
As the name suggests, the replica app replicates your iPhone screen to another screen, preferably a bigger screen. Thanks to its developers, who used customer feedback in the best way possible to upgrade the app Timely. You don’t need to pay anything to use this app as it is free.
5-ApowerMirror – Screen Mirroring
If you are looking for an app that is easy to use and provides a reliable screen mirror from iPhone to Windows, Mac, or smart TV, Apower is the right choice for you. It provides high-level audio and video quality free of cost.
Top 5 Common Screen Mirroring Issues
Let’s discuss 5 of the common issues faced by users while screen mirroring:
1-Unstable Or Intermittent Connection:
If you are facing unstable and intermittent connection while screen mirroring, this might be because of any object becoming an obstacle to the wireless connection between your mobile device and smart TV. Place your mobile near your smart TV and avoid any obstacle in between to resolve this issue.
2-Audio And Video Lag
Audio and video lag while screen mirroring can be caused due to network congestion, corrupt screen mirroring app, and storage issue. Use a reliable app, a good internet connection, and clear cache and unnecessary things to resolve this issue.
3-Poor Screen Mirroring Quality
Poor screen mirroring quality can be caused due to bad network connection. Restarting your devices and placing them closer might resolve these issues.
4-Audio Playback Issues
No audio is a common problem faced by users. You can try to resolve this issue by restarting devices, re-installing the app, and trying to provide as better a connection as possible for a seamless experience.
5-Compatibility Problems With Apps Or Content
Some apps might not be compatible with your smart TV, and you should use a reliable app and check its compatibility before using it. Nowadays, all smart TVs come up with screen mirroring features, but some older TVs don’t have this feature. Make sure to check if your smart TV is compatible with screen mirroring or not. If not, then you should use HDMI cable as most of the older smart TVs support HDMI cables.
The Ultimate Conclusion And FAQs Guide
Screen mirroring is not your entertainment feature only. It is also widely used in Workspaces. It is important to understand how you can use this feature to your optimum use. If your smart TV doesn’t support the screen mirroring function, use other solutions and services to get yourself covered.