Do you live a life where your personal is getting mixed with your work, home, or academics? and you prefer to have one device that does it all? The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra finally launched its Samsung One UI 5.0 Software update on October 24, 2022, and with that, it brings the long-awaited Multi-User Option.
Why You Might Want Multi-User Setting in Samsung Galaxy S23
Samsung S23 Ultra has launched a new addition to its integrated software in the Samsung One UI 5.0 called the Multi-User. These settings allow people to use a phone that isn’t their own, but their accessibility is different from the device’s actual owner or allows the single user to create more than 3 accounts which they can use to separate their work, friends, home, and personal data. This feature is a golden opportunity for businesses with multiple clients that require separate attention from their clients, or young siblings that live under their parents and require a device to fulfill their technological needs. Multi-User setting has enabled various opportunities for end-consumers as it has allowed the users to do more than one device’s ideology is supposed to do.
Similar Read “How To Connect Samsung Phone To Computer“
Pre-requisites Before Setting Up Multi-user Mode on an Android
- Device Compatibility: Confirm if your Samsung device supports multi-user mode, as not all Android devices have this feature.
- Administrator Privileges: Obtain necessary administrator permissions on your device for multi-user mode setup.
- Android Version: Ensure your device runs a compatible Android version for multi-user support.
- Backup: Prioritize data backup before enabling multi-user mode to safeguard against changes.
- User Accounts: Determine the desired number of separate user accounts with individual apps, settings, and data.
- User Setup: Prepare distinct Google accounts for each user profile during setup.
- Storage Space: Account for additional storage needs as each user’s apps and data occupy space.
- Security: Address privacy concerns by ensuring user data remains secure and inaccessible without authorization.
- Parental Controls: Configure parental controls if needed, especially for child users, to manage app and content access.
- Instructions: Consult the official Samsung support resources or user manual for device-specific guidelines on enabling multi-user mode, taking into account Android version and device model variations.
Step-by-step Guide to Enable Multi-user Settings in Samsung S23 Ultra
To Enable the Multiple User Profiles Setting on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ulrta you will need to create a new profile on the smartphone. Here’s a step-by-step guide to enable multiple users in your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra:
1) Firstly you have to activate the user icon. To do that go to the Galaxy Tab Settings
- Select System
- Select Multiple Users
- Turn this feature on
2) Then you will see a feature called “Add User Icon” on your Quick Settings Tab
3) You have to then set up and create a new user profile with either a Google or a Samsung Account or you can just use a guest profile.
4) If you want to use all the new features available and not compromise Android’s integrity, then you should use a lock such as a passcode, a pattern, or a biometric.
5) Use your phone to personalize your wallpaper, ringtone, notification alerts, fonts, and suggestions
6) You may share data if you enable the allow phone calls and SMS option.
7) You can add multiple users following these criteria which will enable you to a completely new smartphone UI on a single device.
How to Customize Individual User Profile
All the users can customize their own individual settings in the Samsung S23 Ultra while using the Multi-User Settings. This includes customization like:
- Lock Screen Editor: Customize your Android lock screen with downloadable wallpapers, widgets, clocks, and screensavers for all users except guest mode.
- Smart Suggestions Widgets: Galaxy S23 introduces the Smart Suggestions widget, offering app and action recommendations based on your usage patterns. For instance, frequently used apps like Spotify can be easily accessed when needed.
- Vision Enhancement and Comfort: Tailor your screen display to your preferences using Multi-User Option, including color settings, blue light filter, and dark/light themes.
- Personalized Security: Ensure privacy by setting individualized security measures for each user, preventing unauthorized access and maintaining device safety.
Related Read “How To Connect iPad To Samsung TV“
Best Practices for Managing Multiple User Profiles
The Multiple-User mode feature is available only on the Samsung S23 Ultra right now. You can use It to share your Android and add a new user to the designated smartphones. However, if you need to let someone else use your device there are a few practices you need to follow to make sure the Multi-mode on your Android phone doesn’t share your private data with another user. Here’s how to use them:
- Install softwares that may not change the UI or software settings of the Android
- Have security features like passcodes on your user and app locks on your personalized apps
Troubleshooting Common Issues
You can troubleshoot common issues by:
- Soft Reset (Force Restart)
- Clear Your App Cache.
- Software Update.
- Reset Settings
- Factory reset from admin account
Multi-User, a must in Samsung Galaxy S23!
In conclusion, enabling multi-user settings on the Samsung S23 Ultra can greatly enhance its versatility and usability, allowing multiple users to personalize their experiences and maintain their privacy. By following the steps outlined in this guide, users can seamlessly set up distinct profiles, access individual apps and data, and switch between accounts effortlessly. This feature promotes efficient sharing of the device among family members, colleagues, or friends while ensuring that each user’s preferences and content remain separate and secure. As technology continues to advance, empowering users with multi-user capabilities exemplifies Samsung’s commitment to delivering innovative and user-centric solutions to meet the diverse needs of its customers.
- How To Access My Samsung Cloud – Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Setup Parental Controls On Samsung Tablet
- How To Make Your Galaxy S22 Display Super Bright
- How To Enable And Use Clipboard In Samsung Keyboard
- How To Boost Gaming Performance On Samsung Smartphones